Statistics About Muslims
Alcohol & Drugs
· Alcohol consumption in Muslim regions of the world (Middle East and North Africa) increased by 25% in 5 years.
· In 2007, Afghanistan produced an extraordinary 8,200 tonnes of opium (93% of the global opiates market).
· Saudi Arabia is the world’s 6th largest consumer of anti-impotence drugs, demand is 10 times that of Russia.
· In 2010 Malaysia was the world’s tenth largest consumer of alcohol. (read more)
· 4 out of 5 Middle-Eastern women are sexually abused between the ages of 3 and 6 by family members.
· More than half of all Yemeni girls are married before reaching puberty.
· About 1 in 10 pregnancies in the Arab world ends in abortion. In Pakistan every 6th pregnancy is terminated.
· 94% of Yemeni children (2-14 yrs) subjected to violence from a parent or guardian. (read more)
Crime & Prejudice
· 2011 Pew study finds Muslims are more “phobic” of non-Muslims than the non-Muslims are “Islamophobic” of Muslims.
· According to FBI 2008 statistics, anti-Muslim incidents in the US are dropping and only account for 1.3% of all hate crimes.
· Jewish victims of hate crimes in the US outnumber Muslim victims by a 10-1 ratio.
· Anti-Christian hate crime incidents outnumber anti-Muslim incidents in the US. (read more)
· Turkey has more journalists in prison than any other country in the world, almost double that of China and Iran.
· 40% of Indonesian Muslims say they would use violence against those blaspheming Islam.
· 78% of British Muslims support punishing people who publish cartoons mocking the Prophet Muhammad.
· Since 1990, 52 people accused of blasphemy in Pakistan have been extra-judicially killed by lynch mobs. (read more)
· Homosexual relationships, acts or behavior illegal in 36 Islamic countries. 10 impose the death penalty for homosexuals.
· As of 1999 in Iran, more than 4000 lesbians and gays had been executed since the 1979 Islamic revolution.
· Two thirds of all reported incidents of anti-gay violence in Amsterdam are by Muslim youths.
· A 2009 Gallup survey could not find a single UK Muslim who approved of homosexuality. (read more)
· The Maldives, an Islamic country with a 100% Muslim population, has the highest divorce rate in the world.
· Turkey tops Europe and US for incidents of violence against women, with 4 out of 10 women beaten by their husbands.
· Divorce rates among Muslims in Malaysia is five-times higher than among non-Muslims.
· 91% of Jordanian university students approve of wife beating. Acceptable reasons include burning a meal. (read more)
· There are 13 countries in the world where the state can execute you for being atheist. Every single one is officially Islamic.
· 9 of the top 10 persecutors of Christians are Islamic countries. Of the top 50 countries, only 12 have a source other than Islam.
· Turkey tops list of countries violating the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) for 3 consecutive years.
· As of 2010, Indonesia had over 150 religiously motivated regulations restricting minorities’ rights. (read more)
· Google survey finds mostly Muslim states seek access to sex-related websites (they rank 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 & 8 in the top 10).
· Iranians made the highest number of visits to “immoral sites” on Ashura Day.
· Approximately 2 million online users watch pornographic films each minute in Turkey.
· Pakistan ranked No. 1 in searches for “child sex,” “animal sex,” “rape sex,” “camel sex,” “dog sex,” “rape video.” (read more)
· OIC countries have 8.5 scientists/engineers/technicians per 1,000 population, whilst the world average is 40.7.
· Survey of religious (and irreligious) American physicians finds Muslim physicians are least likely to accept evolution.
· Only 8% of Egyptians, 11% of Malaysians, and 22% of Turks agree that Darwin’s theory is probably or most certainly true.
· 46 Muslim countries contribute 1.17% to world science literature, compared to 1.66% by India and 1.48% by Spain. (read more)
· 1 out of 3 British Muslims aged 16 to 24 believe that Muslim apostates should be executed.
· Majority of world’s Muslims favor changing laws in their countries to allow stoning/amputation for “crimes”, and death for apostasy.
· Only 26% of Muslims in Turkey say they would adhere to laws passed by Parliament if it contradicted religious laws.
· Poll finds neither education nor age explains attitudes toward the role of Shari’ah in legislation. (read more)
· 2012 report finds the majority of world’s terrorism committed by Muslims. Almost 9000 deaths caused by Sunni terrorists in 2011.
· Esposito/Mogahed find almost 4 out of 10 Muslims worldwide are extremists who think 9/11 was totally/partially/somewhat justified.
· More than 95% of all suicide bombing attacks conducted worldwide are carried out by Muslims.
· 2011 Study finds no link between poverty and support for militant Islamic groups. (read more)
· Pew survey finds all 7 Muslim-majority nations polled have a negative opinion of Jews (2-9% positive).
· Antisemitic incidents around the world more than doubled in 2009 over the previous year.
· Pew survey finds 100% of Jordanians have either “somewhat unfavorable” or “very unfavorable” views of Jews.
· Most violent attacks on Jews in Western Europe comes from people of Arab/Muslim heritage. (read more)
· 2011 Pew poll finds 1 out of every 10 Muslim American thinks President Obama is really a Muslim.
· 46% of UK Muslims believe “the Jewish community in Britain is in league with the Freemasons to control the media and politics.”
· 64% in Egypt, Morocco, Pakistan, and Indonesia believe it is US foreign policy to spread Christianity in the Middle-East.
· Most Muslims in all 8 nations polled in 2011 believe 9/11 attacks were not by Arabs (57-75%). (read more)
Education & Employment
· Under the Ottoman empire, worldwide Muslim literacy rates were only 2 to 3% in the early nineteenth century.
· 6 out of 10 Muslims worldwide still cannot read (as opposed to only 2 out of 10 people in “Christendom”)
· Nearly 1 in 3 people in the Arab world are illiterate, including nearly half of all women.
· Muslims in Denmark make up 5% of the population but receive 40% of social-welfare outlays. (read more)
Health & Disability
· A rough estimate shows that close to half of all Muslims in the world are inbred.
· Muslim countries have the highest obesity rates among women and 70% of women in the Gulf states are obese.
· 21 out of 22 countries most affected by birth defects per 1000 live births are Muslim majority countries.
· Almost a 1/4 of Muslims say they would only donate an organ if it was going to another Muslim. (read more)
· 91 percent of all honor-related killings around the world are carried out by Muslims (84% in US, 96% in Europe).
· The number of honor killings in Pakistan are estimated to be around 2,500 to 3,000 cases every year.
· Nearly 3,000 honor attacks mainly carried out against Muslim women were recorded by British police in 2010.
· More than two-thirds of all murders in the Gaza Strip and West Bank are honor killings. (read more)
· Iran has the lowest mosque attendance of any Muslim country, with less than 2% of adults attending Friday services.
· 25% of UK mosques have extremist literature calling for the beheading of lapsed Muslims etc.
· Almost 80 percent (3 out of every 4) of US mosques preach anti-West extremism.
· Mosque attendance is dropping faster than church attendance in the Netherlands. (read more)
· Only 3% of the world’s Muslims live in “more-developed regions, such as Europe, N. America, Australia, New Zealand and Japan”.
· Pew study finds Islam loses as many adherents via conversion as it gains. Growing numbers only due to high birth rate etc.
· Muslim population of France only 12%, yet they make up 60 to 70% of all inmates in France’s prisons.
· 75% of new Muslim converts in the US leave Islam within a few years. (read more)
Rituals & Festivals
· Productivity of Arab businesses drops by 78%, and there are increases in blood crimes (+1.5%) and theft (+3.5%)
· Child trafficking increases in Yemen during Ramadan as food prices rise and parents struggle to provide for their children.
· In the Netherlands alone, which has only a million Muslims, 100,000 animals were slaughtered in 2010 for Eid al-Adha.
· Number of Jakarta prostitutes caught increased from 94, before Ramadan , to 264 during it. (read more)
· There are 164 Jihad verses in the Qur’an & nearly 500 verses (roughly 1 out of every 12) that speak of Hell.
· Practicing Muslims recite anti-Semitic & anti-Christian rhetoric at least 17 times a day, and over 5,000 times a year.
· Compared to Mein Kampf, the non-abrogated Medinan verses of the Qur’an contain more than 2x the amount of anti-Jewish text.
· 122 peaceful Qur’anic verses have been abrogated by the Sword verse (9:5) and Fighting verse (9:29). (read more)
· Africans taken (or died in the process of being taken) as slaves by Muslims is estimated to be higher than 140 million.
· 1.25 million white European Christians were captured and sold into the Muslim slave trade between the 16th and 19th century.
· The Islamic slave trade still flourishes in Muslim countries. There are over half a million slaves in Mauritania alone.
· Christian Solidarity International (CSI) has liberated over 80,000 Sudanese slaves taken captive by Arab Muslims. (read more)
· In terms of cultural/tribal/religious danger to women, 4 of the 5 most dangerous countries are Muslim majorities.
· Egyptian women are sexually harassed 7 times every 200 meters and well over two-thirds are harassed on a daily basis.
· All 10 countries with the worst gender gaps are countries where Muslims are the majority or Islam is the largest religion.
· Egyptian study contradicts widely held belief that unveiled women are more likely to suffer harassment than veiled ones. (read more)
ICM Poll: 20% of British Muslims sympathize with 7/7 bombers
NOP Research: 1 in 4 British Muslims say 7/7 bombings were justified
Channel Four (2006): 831% of younger British Muslims say 7/7 bombings were justified compared to 14% of those over 45.
People-Press: 31% of Turks support suicide attacks against Westerners in Iraq.
YNet: One third of Palestinians (32%) supported the slaughter of a Jewish family, including the children:
World Public Opinion: 61% of Egyptians approve of attacks on Americans 32% of Indonesians approve of attacks on Americans
41% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on Americans
38% of Moroccans approve of attacks on Americans
83% of Palestinians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (only 14% oppose)
62% of Jordanians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (21% oppose)
42% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (45% oppose)
A minority of Muslims disagreed entirely with terror attacks on Americans:
(Egypt 34%; Indonesia 45%; Pakistan 33%)
About half of those opposed to attacking Americans were sympathetic with al-Qaeda’s attitude toward the U.S.
Pew Research (2010): 55% of Jordanians have a positive view of Hezbollah
30% of Egyptians have a positive view of Hezbollah
45% of Nigerian Muslims have a positive view of Hezbollah (26% negative)
43% of Indonesians have a positive view of Hezbollah (30% negative)
Pew Research (2010): 60% of Jordanians have a positive view of Hamas (34% negative).
49% of Egyptians have a positive view of Hamas (48% negative)
49% of Nigerian Muslims have a positive view of Hamas (25% negative)
39% of Indonesians have a positive view of Hamas (33% negative)
Pew Research (2010): 15% of Indonesians believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified. 34% of Nigerian Muslims believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified.
16% of young Muslims in Belgium state terrorism is “acceptable”.
Populus Poll (2006): 12% of young Muslims in Britain (and 12% overall) believe that suicide attacks against civilians in Britain can be justified. 1 in 4 support suicide attacks against British troops.
Pew Research (2007): 26% of younger Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are justified. 35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified (24% overall). 42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified (35% overall). 22% of young Muslims in Germany believe suicide bombings are justified.(13% overall). 29% of young Muslims in Spain believe suicide bombings are justified.(25% overall).
Pew Research (2011): 8% of Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified (81% never). 28% of Egyptian Muslims believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified (38% never).8
Pew Research (2007): Muslim-Americans who identify more strongly with their religion are three times more likely to feel that suicide bombings are justified
ICM: 5% of Muslims in Britain tell pollsters they would not report a planned Islamic terror attack to authorities. 27% do not support the deportation of Islamic extremists preaching violence and hate.
Federation of Student Islamic Societies: About 1 in 5 Muslim students in Britain (18%) would not report a fellow Muslim planning a terror attack.
ICM Poll: 25% of British Muslims disagree that a Muslim has an obligation to report terrorists to police.
Populus Poll (2006): 16% of British Muslims believe suicide attacks against Israelis are justified. 37% believe Jews in Britain are a “legitimate target”.
Pew Research (2013): At least 1 in 4 Muslims do not reject violence against civilians (study did not distinguish between those who believe it is partially justified and never justified).
Pew Research (2013): 15% of Muslims in Turkey support suicide bombings (also 11% in Kosovo, 26% in Malaysia and 26% in Bangladesh).
PCPO (2014): 89% of Palestinians support Hamas and other terrorists firing rockets at Israeli civilians.
Pew Research (2013): Only 57% of Muslims worldwide disapprove of al-Qaeda. Only 51% disapprove of the Taliban. 13% support both groups and 1 in 4 refuse to say.
BBC Radio (2015): 45% of British Muslims agree that clerics preaching violence against the West represent “mainstream Islam”.
Palestinian Center for Political Research (2015): 74% of Palestinians support Hamas terror attacks.
Pew Research (2014): 47% of Bangladeshi Muslims says suicide bombings and violence are justified to “defend Islam”. 1 in 4 believed the same in Tanzania and Egypt. 1 in 5 Muslims in the ‘moderate’ countries of Turkey and Malaysia.http://www.pewglobal.org/2014/07/01/concerns-about-islamic-extremism-on-the-rise-in-middle-east/
The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 19% of Muslim-Americans say that violence is justified in order to make Sharia the law in the United States (66% disagree).
The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 25% of Muslim-Americans say that violence against Americans in the United States is justified as part of the “global Jihad (64% disagree).
The Sun (2015: Following Nov. 2015 attacks in Paris, 1 in 4 young Muslims in Britain (and 1 in 5 overall) said they sympathize with those who fight for ISIS.
See also: http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statistics_(Terrorism) for further statistics on Islamic terror. al-Qaeda, Osama bin Laden and Islamic State (ISIS)
Pew Research (2007): 5% of American Muslims have a favorable view of al-Qaeda (27% can’t make up their minds). Only 58% reject al-Qaeda outright.
Pew Research (2011): 5% of American Muslims have a favorable view of al-Qaeda (14% can’t make up their minds).
Pew Research (2011): 1 in 10 native-born Muslim-Americans have a favorable view of al-Qaeda.
al-Jazeera (2006): 49.9% of Muslims polled support Osama bin Laden
Pew Research: 59% of Indonesians support Osama bin Laden in 2003
41% of Indonesians support Osama bin Laden in 2007
56% of Jordanians support Osama bin Laden in 2003
Pew Global: 51% of Palestinians support Osama bin Laden
54% of Muslim Nigerians Support Osama bin Laden
MacDonald Laurier Institute: 35% of Canadian Muslims would not repudiate al-Qaeda
World Public Opinion: Muslim majorities agree with the al-Qaeda goal of Islamic law.
Muslim majorities agree with al-Qaeda goal of keeping Western values out of Islamic countries;
(Egypt: 88%; Indonesia 76%; Pakistan 60%; Morocco 64%)
ICM Poll: 13% of Muslim in Britain support al-Qaeda attacks on America.
World Public Opinion: Attitude toward Osama bin Laden:
Egypt: 44% positive, 17% negative, and 25% mixed feelings
Indonesia: 14% positive, 26% negative, 21% mixed feelings (39% did not answer)
Pakistan: 25% positive, 15% negative, 26% mixed feelings (34% did not answer)
Morocco: 27% positive, 21% negative, 26% mixed feelings
Jordanians, Palestinians, Turks and Azerbaijanis. Jordanians combined for: 27% positive, 20 percent negative, and 27 percent mixed feelings. (Palestinians 56% positive, 20% negative, 22 percent mixed feelings).
Pew Research (2010): 49% of Nigerian Muslims have favorable view of al-Qaeda (34% unfavorable)
23% of Indonesians have favorable view of al-Qaeda (56% unfavorable)
34% of Jordanians have favorable view of al-Qaeda
25% of Indonesians have “confidence” in Osama bin Laden (59% had confidence in 2003)
1 in 5 Egyptians have “confidence” in Osama bin Laden
Pew Research (2011): 22% of Indonesians have a favorable view of al-Qaeda (21% unfavorable)
Gallup: 51% of Pakistanis grieve Osama bin Laden (only 11% happy over death)
44% of Pakistanis viewed Osama bin Laden as a martyr (only 28% as an oulaw)
Zogby International 2011: “Majorities in all six countries said they viewed the United States less favorably following the killing of the Al-Qaeda head [Osama bin Laden] in Pakistan”
Populus Survey: 18% of British Muslims would be proud or indifferent if a family member joined al-Qaeda.
Policy Exchange (2006): 7% Muslims in Britain admire al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups.
Informal poll of Saudis in August 2014 shows 92% agree that Islamic State (ISIS) “conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law.”
Hurriyet Daily News / Metropoll (2015): 20% of Turks support the slaughter of Charlie Hebdo staffers and cartoonists.
al-Jazeera Poll (2015): 81% of respondents support the Islamic State (ISIS).
The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 33% of Muslim-Americans say al-Qaeda beliefs are Islamic or correct. (49% disagree),
The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 38% of Muslim-Americans say Islamic State (ISIS) beliefs are Islamic or correct. (43% disagree),
ICM (Mirror) Poll 2015: 1.5 Million British Muslims support the Islamic State, about half the total population.
Clarion Project Study (2015): 11.5% of Arabs support ISIS, or about 42 million.
Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research (2015): Two-thirds of Palestinians support the stabbing of Israeli civilians.
al-Arabiya: 36% of Arabs polled said the 9/11 attacks were morally justified; 38% disagreed; 26% Unsure
Gallup: 38.6% of Muslims believe 9/11 attacks were justified (7% “fully”, 6.5% “mostly”, 23.1% “partially”)
VIOLENCE IN DEFENCE OF ISLAM
Jakarta Post (2006): 40% of Indonesians approve of violence in defense of Islam.
Pew Global: 68% of Palestinian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
43% of Nigerian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
38% of Lebanese Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
15% of Egyptian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
13% of Indonesian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
12% of Jordanian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
7% of Muslim Israelis say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
http://cnsnews.com/node/53865 (Pew Global Attitudes Project September, 2009)
Center for Social Cohesion: One Third of British Muslim students support killing for Islam (Wikileaks cable)
Policy Exchange: One third of British Muslims believe anyone who leaves Islam should be killed
NOP Research: 78% of British Muslims support punishing the publishers of Muhammad cartoons;
NOP Research: Hardcore Islamists comprise 9% of Britain’s Muslim population;
Another 29% would “aggressively defend” Islam;
Pew Research (2010): 84% of Egyptian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
86% of Jordanian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
30% of Indonesian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
76% of Pakistanis support death the penalty for leaving Islam
51% of Nigerian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
ICM Poll: 11% of British Muslims find violence for religious or political ends acceptable.
Terrorism Research Institute Study: 51% of mosques in the U.S. have texts on site rated as severely advocating violence; 30% have texts rated as moderately advocating violence; and 19% have no violent texts at all.
Pew Research (2013): 76% of South Asian Muslims and 56% of Egyptians advocate killing anyone who leaves the Islamic religion.
Pew Research (2013): 19% of Muslim Americans believe suicide bombings in defense of Islam are at least partially justified (global average is 28% in countries surveyed).
Pew Research (2013): 39% of Muslims in Malaysia say suicide bombings “justified” in defense of Islam (only 58% say ‘never’).
Die Presse (2013): 1 in 5 Muslims in Austria believe that anyone wanting to leave Islam should be killed.
Motivaction Survey (2014): 80% of young Dutch Muslims see nothing wrong with Holy War against non-believers. Most verbalized support for pro-Islamic State fighters.
BBC (2015): Following the Charlie Hebdo attacks, 27% of British Muslims openly support violence against cartoonists. Another 8% would not say, meaning that only 2 of 3 surveyed would say that the killings were not justified.
The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 24% of Muslim-Americans say that violence is justified against those who “offend Islam” (60% disagree).
The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 29% of Muslim-Americans agree that violence against those who insult Muhammad or the Quran is acceptable (61% disagree).
Pew Research (2015): 40% of Palestinians, 39% in Afghanistan, 29% in Egypt and 26% of Muslims in Bangladesh agree that violence against civilians in defense of Islam is sometimes justified.
Pew Research (2011): 8% of Muslims in America says suicide bombings and other violence against civilians in defense of Islam is sometimes or often justified. 81% say it is never justified.
SHARIA (ISLAMIC LAW)
83% of Pakistanis support stoning adulterers 78% of Pakistanis support killing apostates
Center for Social Cohesion: 40% of British Muslim students want Sharia8
ICM Poll: 40% of British Muslims want Sharia in the UK
GfK NOP: 28% of British Muslims want Britain to be an Islamic state
NOP Research: 68% of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of anyone who insults Islam;
MacDonald Laurier Institute: 62% of Muslims want Sharia in Canada (15% say make it mandatory)
World Public Opinion: 81% of Egyptians want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country
76% of Pakistanis want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country
49% (plurality) of Indonesians want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country
76% of Moroccans want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country
World Public Opinion: 64% of Egyptians said it was “very important for the government” to “apply traditional punishments for crimes such as stoning adulterers.”
Pew Research (2010): 77% of Egyptian Muslims favor floggings and amputation
58% of Jordanian Muslims favor floggings and amputation
36% of Indonesian Muslims favor floggings and amputation
82% of Pakistanis favor floggings and amputation
65% of Nigerian Muslims favor floggings and amputation
Pew Research (2010): 82% of Egyptian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
70% of Jordanian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
42% of Indonesian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
82% of Pakistanis favor stoning adulterers
56% of Nigerian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
Pew Research (2013): 72% of Indonesians want Sharia to be law of the land
Pew Research (2013): 81% of South Asian Muslims and 57% of Egyptians support amputating limbs for theft.
Pew Research (2013): According to an interpretation of this study, approximately 45% of Sharia supporters surveyed disagreed with the idea that Islamic law should apply only to Muslims.
Economist (Pew 2013): 74% who favor Islamic law in Egypt say it should apply to non-Muslims as well.
WZB Berlin Social Science Center: 65% of Muslims in Europe say Sharia is more important than the law of the country they live in.
FPO (2014): 43% of Islamic teachers in Austria openly advocate Sharia law over democracy.
The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 33% of Muslim-Americans say that Sharia should be supreme to the US Constitution (43% disagree).
The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 51% of Muslim-Americans say that Muslims should have the choice of being judged by Sharia courts rather than courts of the United States (39% disagree).
2015 (Jyllands Posten): 77% of Muslims in Denmark believe the Quran’s instructions should be ‘fully applied’.
2015 (Jyllands Postn): Only 53% of Danish Muslims believe Danish law should be based on the consitution and not the Quran.
Turkish Ministry of Education: 1 in 4 Turks Support Honor Killings
Civitas: 1 in 3 Muslims in the UK strongly agree that a wife should be forced to obey her husband’s bidding
BBC Poll: 1 in 10 British Muslims support killing a family member over “dishonor”.
Middle East Quarterly: 91 percent of honor killings are committed by Muslims worldwide.
95% of honor killings in the West are perpetrated by Muslim fathers and brothers or their proxies.
A survey of Muslim women in Paris suburbs found that three-quarters of them wear their masks out of fear – including fear of violence.
1 in 5 young British Muslims agree that ‘honor’ violence is acceptable.
Pew Research (2013): Large majorities of Muslims favor Sharia. Among those who do, stoning women for adultery is favored by 89% in Pakistanis, 85% in Afghanistan, 81% in Egypt, 67% in Jordan, ~50% in ‘moderate’ Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, 58% in Iraq, 44% in Tunisia, 29% in Turkey, and 26% in Russia.
Pew Research (2013): Honor killing the woman for sex outside of marriage is favored over honor killing the man in almost every Islamic country. Over half of Muslims surveyed believed that honor killings over sex were at least partially justified.
(2013) Jordanian teens support honor killing.
Muslims have highest claimed disability rates in the UK (24% of men, 21% of women)
Pakistani Muslims in the UK are four times more likely to be unemployed than Hindus. Indian Muslims are twice as likely to be unemployed as Indian Hindus.
Policy Exchange: 1 in 4 Muslims in the UK have never heard of the Holocaust; Only 34% of British Muslims believe the Holocaust ever happened.
Policy Exchange: 51% of British Muslims believe a woman cannot marry a non-Muslim
Only 51% believe a Muslim woman may marry without a guardian’s consent
Policy Exchange: Up to 52% of British Muslims believe a Muslim man is entitled to up to four wives
Policy Exchange: 61% of British Muslims want homosexuality punished
NOP Research: 62% of British Muslims do not believe in the protection of free speech;
Only 3% adopt a “consistently pro-freedom of speech line”
ICM Poll: 58% of British Muslims believe insulting Islam should result in criminal prosecution
Pew Global (2006): Only 7% of British Muslims think of themselves as British first (81% say ‘Muslim’ rather than ‘Briton’)
Policy Exchange (2006): 31% Muslims in Britain identify more with Muslims in other countries than with non-Muslim Brits.
Die Welt (2012): 46% of Muslims in Germany hope there will eventually be more Muslims than Christians in Germany.
Ipsos MORI: Muslims are 3 times as likely as Christians to believe that their religion is the only way.
Pew Research (2011): Muslim-Americans four times more likely to say that women should not work outside the home.
Pew Research (2007): 26% of Muslim-Americans want to be distinct (43% support assimilation)
Pew Research (2011): 20% of Muslim-Americans want to be distinct (56% support assimilation)
Pew Research (2011): 49% of Muslim-Americans say they are “Muslim first” (26% American first)
Pew Research (2011): 21% of Muslim-Americans say there is a fair to great amount of support for Islamic extremism in their community.
ICM Poll: 11% of British Muslims find violence for political ends acceptable
Wenzel Strategies (2012): 58% of Muslim-Americans believe criticism of Islam or Muhammad is not protected free speech under the First Amendment.
45% believe mockers of Islam should face criminal charges (38% said they should not).
12% of Muslim-Americans believe blaspheming Islam should be punishable by death.
43% of Muslim-Americans believe people of other faiths have no right to evangelize Muslims.
32% of Muslims in America believe that Sharia should be the supreme law of the land.
Pew Research (2013): “At least half’ of Muslims surveyed believed polygamy is morally acceptable.
“Muslims in most countries surveyed say that a wife should always obey her husband.” (including 93% in Indonesia and 65% in Turkey). Only 32% of Muslims in Indonesia say a woman should have the right to divorce her husband (22% in Egypt, 26% in Pakistan and 60% in Russia).
Die Presse (2013): 1 in 3 Muslims in Austria say it is not possible to be a European and a Muslim. 22% oppose democracy
WZB Berlin Social Science Center: 45% of Muslims in Europe say Jews cannot be trusted.
Vancouver Sun (2015): 42% of Canadian Muslims agree that Islam is “irreconcilable” with the West.
Anti-Defamation League (2015): 55% of Muslims in Europe are anti-Semitic – approximately three times higher than Europeans in general.
Middle East Forum (2015): Muslims comprise less than 1% of the population in the United States but 9% of prison inmates.
Middle East Forum (2015): Muslims in France comprise 12% of the population, but 70% of prisoners.
Middle East Forum (2015): Muslims in Unit comprise 4% of the population but 11% of prisoners. Muslims in the Netherlands comprise 4% of the population but 20% of prisoners. Muslims in France comprise 10% of the population, but 70% of prisoners.